"there are a lot of links that represent records "

Option 1) Have GWT consume this section - i.e. the jsp page contains an
empty div with an id that can be picked up during GWT module load (
RootPanel.get("theId") ).     The records would then be rendered via a
gwt-rpc call into a gwt grid or table component.  You can then use the
anchor handlers for the Dialog that you already built.

Option 2)  Have gwt bootstrap from the jsp but without consuming any
section.   Add a javascript onclick to your jsp record to call a native
javascript function which performs a jsni call for your loaded gwt module
to open your dialog.

Option 3)   Have gwt consume a div with a hidden overlay (a dialog) .   Add
a javascript onclick to your jsp record to call  a native javascript
function which performs a jsni call to the loaded gwt module to provide
context and reveal the dialog

I prefer Option 1 as it leaves the page much more extensible for java
developers to provide additional RIA capabilities. ( i.e. paging the
records without re-loading the main page).