Hello,

I also had same problem, FormPanel opened popup instead
of calling SubmitCompleteHandler.

To fix this I had to add FormPanel widget into my page.

NOT WORKING pseudo code:

FormPanel formPanel = new FormPanel();

Panel inputPanel = ...some panel...
formPanel.setWidget(inputPanel)

FileUpload fileUpload = ...create and init fileupload...
inputPanel.add(fileUpload);

myPage.add(inputPanel); // added input container panel, WRONG

and WORKING code:

FormPanel formPanel = new FormPanel();

Panel inputPanel = ...some panel...
formPanel.setWidget(inputPanel)

FileUpload fileUpload = ...create and init fileupload...
inputPanel.add(fileUpload);

myPage.add(formPanel); // add form panel instead of input panel CORRECT

Best regards
  Kari S