On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 1:25:43 AM UTC-7, Thomas Broyer wrote:

> On Monday, August 20, 2012 3:35:06 PM UTC+2, Oliver Krylow wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there a way to pass arguments to the compiler the CodeServer uses?
>>
> No.

Well, actually you could provided that you're willing to edit some source
code and rebuild gwt-codeserver.jar from source. Here is the relevant file:

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/browse/trunk/dev/codeserver/java/com/google/gwt/dev/codeserver/CompilerOptionsImpl.java

It shouldn't be too hard to write a patch to expose some flags. I started
out with a minimal set of flags, not knowing which flags people would want
and wanting to keep things simple.

>> I am interested in passing the "-strict" flag for example.
>>
> Please file an issue. There could also be a -logLevel argument (and a
> better UI, possibly integrated with the GPE, among other improvements)

I'm unlikely to get to it soon, but I think it would be nice to expose the
ability to change compiler options from within the browser before doing a
recompile.

- Brian