We've been using Selenium for 6 months now, and quite happily.
 Occasionally the browser will do something stupid like ask to install an
update and ruin the test, but that happens pretty rarely.  It works pretty
well across IE, Chrome & Firefox.

Through the grapevine, I heard that Selenium is used by Google internally,
which is why we chose it initially.  They use it to test Gmail, Google.com,
Chrome, etc.

Sachin is correct about setting IDs to make tests work better.  If you are
not able to modify the code to add IDs, then there's no test strategy that
I know of that will work well.

Ryan