I am trying to get the Editor Framework to work with BeanValidation
(JSR303) (GWT 2.4) for client side validation and run into an issue.

Validation works fine. I want to use the Editor's built in capability to
display errors (i.e ValueBoxEditorDecorator). However the EditorDriver
interface only specifies setConstraintViolations(Iterable> violations); But
the validate function from the BeanValidation returns a Set> and I can't
cast from this to the type that is expected in the setConstraintViolations
function.

The only workaround I found is creating a new Set and adding the
ConstraintViolations to it.

Set<ConstraintViolation<MyProxy>> violations =
validator.validate(myProxy,Default.class);
Set<ConstraintViolation<?>> violations2 = new HashSet<ConstraintViolation<?>>();
for (ConstraintViolation<StudyProxy>constraint:violations) {
    violations2.add(constraint);
}
if (!violations.isEmpty()) {
    driver.setConstraintViolations(violations2);
}
else {
  //proceed
}