I want to add to that list, that running Dev Mode with a debugger can be
used to fine-tune user interfaces extremely quickly: What I usually do is
to put the unit which I need to optimize in a panel, and add a button that
refreshes the panel with a new instance of the unit. This doesn't even take
a tenth of a second, and it's possible to optimize and fine-tune in quick
repetition.

Plain JavaScript developer often insist on the importance of seeing the
effect of changes absolutely immediately. And I agree with that: If you
want to make a UI perfect to the detail, you often end up doing hundreds of
iterations. The quicker the iterations, the more willing you are to improve
even the last tiny detail.

In addition to that, I agree with Alex, that having the debugger features
of your IDE (the same IDE you use for developing the application) is
indispensable.

- For me, it's absolutely ok if Dev Mode doesn't always support the latest
version of each browser (as long as the browser allows to have multiple
versions installed at the same time). Even dropping support for most
browsers would be acceptable.
- It's awesome to have Super Dev Mode in addition to "standard" Dev Mode -
I already love it although I haven't used it very much yet. But it should
not replace "standard" dev mode.