> Jens, thank you but as I suspected I have troubles. What do you mean with
> "a pure JUnit test" ? you mean a non gwt program ? A pure junit test
> launched from a "normal java runtime", not in GWT ?

Yes. See the provided tests of gwt-syncproxy
(e.g.:
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-syncproxy/source/browse/trunk/test/com/gdevelop/gwt/syncrpc/test/EnumsTest.java).

These are normal JUnit Tests.

> I thought syncproxy was a library for the gwt client side, so it is
> strange to me that dodn't come with a gwt module definition. The docs says (
> http://code.google.com/p/gwt-syncproxy/) I must instantiate the service
> class on the client side like this:
>
> private static GreetingService rpcService =
>   SyncProxy.newProxyInstance(GreetingService.class,
>         "http://example.com/helloApp";, "greet");

When the docs say "Java Client code" it means the client side code of the
server service. It does not mean GWT client code.
SyncProxy.newProxyInstance() will never work in GWT client code.

-- J.