textArea.setText(textArea.getText() + newText); should let you append the
data.

To get data continuously you'll either need to poll the server, which will
be expensive if you have many clients, or use something like long-polling
to push data from the server to each client as it's generated. That'll be
more work, but it's probably the right way to do it.  Maybe poll for now,
and then add comet when you have time.

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-comet/ for one implementation of the client
side.