I've just posted the core part of my offline requestfactory implementation.

http://puretech.siderakis.com/2012/10/offline-requestfactory-gwt.html

Basically all you need to do is extend it and override processPayload (to
save the request payload in local storage), and then send the request
payload at a later time when the apps back online.

I hope its helpful, and I'd love to get some feedback.