On Thursday, 25 October 2012 15:58:07 UTC+1, Jürgen Form wrote:

> but actually the GWT could not be found at
> https://developers.google.com/products/. Only if I search fo it.

You're right.  That is a very large indicator of Google's public intentions
for GWT.

But, there are a stream of applications/libraries that have been moved from
in-house to open source community based projects.  I guess the fundamental
factor that will help support GWT is that there are commercial
organisations doing professional GWT development (including, apparently
Google itself).  I think this will guarantee the medium-term life of GWT,
even without Google's direct ownership/sponsorship of it.

Why may Google have dropped it from their publicised development tools?  I
guess it's because its difficult to identify an income stream from it.
 They can use it internally to support income generating projects, but it
isn't one in itself.

Anyway, that's my 2-cents worth.
Ian