Make sure that your app server can still find the <HASH>.rpc file. Thats
your GWT-RPC serialization policy file that the server must know in order
to serialize anything that implements Serializable. If it does not find
this file it falls back to the old IsSerializable mechanism and if you do
not have implemented that interface serialization will fail.

Normally you should see a warning in the app server log on the first RPC
request when GWT's RemoteServiceServlet tries to load the serialization
policy file but can not find it.

For example I often have to change the lookup of that file because my
deployment does not conform to GWT's standard assumptions.

-- J.