On Monday, November 12, 2012 4:55:58 PM UTC+1, googelybear wrote:

> I have the same error when running the code server and this limitation
> effectively prevents me from using superdevmode, as in my case the problem
> is with an external library that I include which then uses the <script> tag
> in its own module xml.
> Also not being able to use <script> in the module xml breaks encapsulation
> of modules, as I know have to include *all* scripts from *all* libraries
> in *my* host page (for me that's implementation details that I don't care
> about) .

There's
ScriptInjector<http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/latest/com/google/gwt/core/client/ScriptInjector.html>to
 encapsulate loading within the module's code.

> I know superdevmode is still experimental and seriously hope that this
> will be fixed. In the meantime does anyone have an idea how to work around
> this? Besides manually patching a 3rd party library...

In your module that enables the SuperDevMode hooks, add the failIfScriptTag
configuration property and add an entry-point that uses ScriptInjector to
load the 3rd-party scripts. The 2 entry points (from your app, inherited
GWT module, and from the SuperDevMode-specific module) will both be
executed; beware though that onModuleLoad will be called *before* the
scripts are loaded, so your code that depends on them has to wait a bit…
There are a couple ways to workaround this if really needed (but it's a bit
more "invasive" for your app; that being said, xsiframe is the future, and
might becomes the default at some point, so better be prepared –and update
your 3rd-party libs–)