I believe the issue you're experiencing is related
to http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=6710

You can put the files referenced
at https://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1646803/ in your project to
override the ones in the jar files.  Or it looks like it's in the 2.5
releases, so you might try upgrading to that.