As mentioned before if you use a public interface that interface defines a
type that is part of your public API (= how your server can be accessed via
GWT apps).

In case of GWT-RPC you could give me your GWT-RPC service interface and I
could build a GWT app that uses your service (lets ignore potential
technical issues here). So if you dont want me to use a specific method
then this method should not be part of that interface. Otherwise I will use
this method just because it exists and you are always bound to that method,
as you can not remove it later without breaking my app that uses your
service.

So your GWT-RPC service interface should only contain methods that the
client is interested in, not more. If you need an additional interface for
your servlet on server side then just create one and let it possibly extend
the shared GWT-RPC service.

-- J.