"I was unable to find anything generic - I needed to pick an OAuth
 (OpenID was out of the question, unfortunately)"

Just curious here as to why?  As a developer I often wondered why
OpenID has such a slow takeup relative to Facebook logins. I have only
ever used a OpenID implementation myself for a forum, which was
essentially pre-built, I just made a GUI for it. Is it much harder to
implement then other login methods? Does it have unsuitable
requirements?