Enrico, thanks for noting your solution here. I've been battling with the
same issue and while your solution didn't work exactly for me (I don't know
why) it allowed me to find another way relatively easily. For anyone else
who comes across this I had to first inherit logging (I wasn't using it
before) then I needed to disable the handlers in my .gwt.xml file:

  <inherits name="com.google.gwt.logging.Logging"/>
  <set-property name="gwt.logging.consoleHandler" value="DISABLED"/>
  <set-property name="gwt.logging.developmentModeHandler" value="DISABLED"
/>
  <set-property name="gwt.logging.popupHandler" value="DISABLED" />
  <set-property name="gwt.logging.systemHandler" value="DISABLED" />
  <set-property name="gwt.logging.firebugHandler" value="DISABLED" />
  <set-property name="gwt.logging.simpleRemoteHandler" value="DISABLED" />

I suspect you'd only need to disable gwt.logging.consoleHandler but I
disabled all since I don't need them.

I'm pretty sure this is caused by a bug in the IOS 6 version of Safari. My
suspicions are compounded by the fact that if the IOS Safari is run under
Apple's remote debugger (connected to Safari on a Mac) the class cast
exception never happens, presumably because they then swap in a different
JS console outlet at a low level . I hope they fix this soon as I think
adding then disabling the logging adds a good few KB to the weight of my
.cache.html files.

As of now (late Dec 2012) Apple don't appear to be fixing it (I tested with
the 6.1 beta due for release early 2012). Here's hoping they sort it so I /
others can remove this ugly hack.

Jon