For posterity:
After setting up the Annotation Processor, I realized there were many other
issues. But User object isn't one of them. It works fine. Link, on the
other hand, does not - the reason for this is that Link object doesn't have
a default constructor. So we get errors if we try to make a LinkProxy for
it. I decided to store my link just as a String, instead of Link.

Regards,
Avanish