Happy New Year, everyone.

I bought a Samsung ultrabook this Thanksgiving.  Downloaded and installed
this toolset (all 64-bit), and started doing some new code development.  I
run the code all in Eclipse up to last night.

Then I run into issues when I tried to build the war and run it in Tomcat.

First the GWT compile never completes.  It hangs on "Compiling 6
permutations".  Then Tomcat won't start.  It hangs at the very beginning
try to initialize SSL engine.  If I change the server.xml to not use SSL,
it complains about not able to open the sockets on various ports.

After spending many hours last night trying to figure out whether Windows 8
has some services using these ports without success, I finally give up.
 Uninstalled JDK7 and installed JDK 6.   Both problems are resolved.

I don't know if the JDK problem is with the Windows 8 platform only.  I
have seen others saying they can compile GWT 2.5 and run Tomcat 6 with JDK
7, while others saying not.  So just want to share this with the group, in
case you run into the same problem.

Colin