Dear all,
I have a problem with a GWT application (*not pure GWT but SmartGWT*): I
have created dedicated classes for each window that I want to render (MVP
model);
every time I want to switch between windows I call destroy method to the
layout that I want to close and I launch a custom event in order to load
the new page (with related Layout).

The problem is that sometimes (I was not able to find a predefined pattern)
the method MyCurrentLoadedLayout.destroy() (example class name),
called from my current loaded layout, throws an exception and the program
crash. This is the exception that has been launched:

Code:
java.lang.ClassCastException: null
at java.lang.Class.cast(Class.java:2990)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JsValueGlue.get(JsValueGlue.java:169)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:57)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:338)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:219)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:571)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeVoid(ModuleSpace.java:299)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeVoid(JavaScriptHost.java:107)
at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget.destroy(BaseWidget.java)
at com.myTestClass.myTestLayout.destroyLytMain(myTestLayout.java:867) *<---
here there is the command MyCurrentLoadedLayout.destroy() and
MyCurrentLoadedLayout is NOT null because it contains all object that are
currently displayed on a screen*
[...]

I am sure that the Layout class is not null because, as I wrote, the major
of the time it works correctly: the crash happens randomly when I click on
"Logout" button that destroys the current Layout and launches the event
that loads the new Layout.

This strange behaviour happens, randomly, also when I try to launch an
event via EventBus:

Code:
com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: Exception caught: null
at com.google.gwt.event.shared.EventBus.castFireEvent(EventBus.java:69)
at
com.google.gwt.event.shared.SimpleEventBus.fireEvent(SimpleEventBus.java:57)
at com.myTestClass.myTestLayout$10.onSuccess(myTestLayout.java:842)
at
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.impl.RequestCallbackAdapter.onResponseReceived(RequestCallbackAdapter.java:232)
at
com.google.gwt.http.client.Request.fireOnResponseReceived(Request.java:287)
at
com.google.gwt.http.client.RequestBuilder$1.onReadyStateChange(RequestBuilder.java:395)
at
at
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:338)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:219)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:571)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:279)
[...]

Please could you help me understanding what is the cause of the block or
can you suggest me how to deeply debug it in order to find the problem?
Thank you very much for your support.

Best Regards,
Marco.