Hi
I have developed an application in dev mode in Eclipe for some time and
everything workes fine. Yesterday I tried to deploy to Tomcat, but the
application did not launch in the browser.
Then I tried the same with a basic Web Application Starter Project,
generated automatically when creating a new GWT project i Eclipse. The new
project consists of some basic functionality, RPC included.

The deploying process goes like this (this is my understandig of how to do
it)
1. Perform "GWT Compile Project" from the blue "g" dropdown in the toolbar
in Eclipse
2. Use default settings in the "GWT compile" dialog. Press "Compile".
3. After comiling I select the .war folder in the TestTomcat project in
Eclipse.
4. Then rightclick ->  Export -> Archive file -> Next
5. Change the "To archive file" to
"D:\apache-tomcat-7.0.34\webapps\TestTomcat.war.zip" -> Finish
6. Opens the D:\apache-tomcat-7.0.34\webapps folder and renames the
"TestTomcat.war.zip" to "TestTomcat.war"
7. Then I restart Tomcat and now a new folder "TestTomcat" has been created
in the webapps folder

I run my app in a browser with this url:
http://localhost/TestTomcat/TestTomcat/war/TestTomcat.html

The application starts as expected, but when I press the "Send" button that
is sending a name to the server I get an error message
"An error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check
your network connection and try again."

My JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_09

a) Why doesn't RPC work?
b) Is this the correct way to deploy GWT application in Tomcat?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jostein