There is a variety of solution, how to address this. You could implement
it completely by yourself, introducing some top-level object, controlling
which view (panel) should be rendered at which time. Preferably you would
use an event bus and "change the ui" events to let the top-level object
know, that it should render a new panel in place of the old one. Happily
you don't have to re-invent the wheel: just take a look at:
https://developers.google.com/web-toolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideMvpActivitiesAndPlaces
 and http://code.google.com/p/gwt-platform/.

HTH,
Lukasz