As Thomas says, it depends. But, I think that for many cases where you have
a UI element that isn't too complex and doesn't really allow much user
interaction (or have mutable state), it makes sense just pass an event bus
to the widget and have it fire events for actions a presenter higher up
might care about. MVP is great, but it's also coupling and additional
boilerplate, though events and hanlders also require boilerplate. But, you
also get some help, eg the event bus passed to Abstract#start() removes
handlers automatically.

Jesse