Hi,

after installing Tomcat, I had a look on the installed examples.
There was a websocket example, a simple chat.

I tried to implement it on my GWT project but I couldnt get it working.

Thats what I did:
*1) *I copied classes from the example into my gwt server directory:
ChatWebSocketServlet.java<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/websocket/chat/ChatWebSocketServlet.java>
 (extends
WebSocketServlet)
HTMLfilter
<http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/Servlets/HTMLfilterutility.htm>(does
nothing special)

*2)* Include missing jars into my build path (tomcat-coyote.jar , catalina,
tomcat-juli.jar, tomcat-util.jar)

*3) *Added the following to my web.xml:
      <servlet>
        <servlet-name>wsChat</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>de.mash.project.server.ChatWebSocketServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>wsChat</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/Mash</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

*4) *Implemented the JS-Code from here to my html page.
I changed the following to fit my needs:
Changed
Chat.connect('ws://' + window.location.host + '/examples/websocket/chat');
Chat.connect('ws://' + window.location.host + '/Mash');
in the JS Code.

The problem is, that the connect()-Method doesnt work, and I cant get a
socket (I end up in the JS Chat.onerror()-Method).

Im still using the Build-In Jetty for debugging, so I dont got any
meaningful error so far.
The one I get from Console is mentioned below. (But its jetty, so Iam not
expecting it to work).

I *Debuged as Webapp *(on external Server):
Then I choose my projects war-folder in apache webapp folder: But didnt got
any errormsg in my console log.
Is this the proper way to use tomcat for debugging?

So...
Iam not sure if there is a *misstake in my web.xml, a bad connection string
on the connect()-Method*,
or if Iam totally wrong and its not that easy to get it running...

Any advice, help, suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
Manuel

ERROR from Jetty: Iam not wondering about this one, since I want to use
Tomcat Websockets...
[ERROR] 500 - GET /Mash (127.0.0.1) 1542 bytes
   Request headers
      Host: 127.0.0.1:8888
      Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
      Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13
      Origin: http://127.0.0.1:8888
      Sec-WebSocket-Key: ic3d8jm1KWVV8XUqReWg/w==
      Connection: keep-alive, Upgrade
      Pragma: no-cache
      Cache-Control: no-cache
      Upgrade: websocket
   Response headers
      Upgrade: websocket
      Connection: upgrade
      Sec-WebSocket-Accept: SqklYoNaQUziMNdrvFxooUEH9nA=