The company I work for uses GWT in a fashion that allows us to reuse logic
that was originally run only on the server. Since this server code changes
over time, and the company updates to the latest version of Java fairly
quickly, there is a growing amount of developers using Java7 language
features. Occasionally the new language features are added to files
examined by the GWT compiler, which of course fails and requires the
changes to be backed out. This results in a medium sized brew-haha every
three months or so as to why we are using a technology that isn't keeping
current with Java while the company is commited to doing so.

So, two questions:
1) What is the timeframe to update the ECJ to a version that handles Java7
language features?
2) I've messed around in the GWT compiler quite a bit. What is the level of
diffciulty related to updating the ECJ used by the GWT Compiler myself?

Thanks,
Stefan