On Friday, March 15, 2013 4:56:43 PM UTC+1, salk31 wrote:

> Sorry if I'm being thick but this doesn't seem that useful?
>
> We are doing background validation of the form as the user works. At the
> moment the errors flicker as I do driver.flush() and wait for the response
> from the server.
>
> If it is sensible then maybe mention in the JavaDoc?

The reason flush() shows errors is because the editors that report errors
are not necessarily the ones that display them. Errors are generally
reported by the editors to their EditorDelegate during the flush() or
getValue() phase, and reporting the error is only about recording it (there
are no events to propagate it, the propagation is done on flush()).

If your editors are HasEditorErrors *and* do on-the-fly validation (i.e.
are both error producers and consumers), then they should *also* report
those errors to the EditorDelecate (in addition to displaying the error
locally).

Feel free to propose patches to fix/enhance the javadoc.