You just copy your GWT project's war folder to $JETTY_HOME/webapps and
rename it accordingly. Also rename the copied war folder to something that
identify your webapp. For example, $JETTY_HOME/webapps/gwttest1/
myGWTHtmlfile.html

Then start jetty and your app should be available at localhost:8080/
gwttest1/myGWTHtmlfile.html

If you son't want to have the prefix "gwttest1" then just copy the GWT war
folder to $JETTY_HOME/webapps and rename it to 'root', for example
$JETTY_HOME/webapps/root/myGWTHtmlfile.html. In this case your app should
be available at localhost:8080/myGWTHtmlfile.html

For more information:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/Deploy_Web_Applications

Good luck.