I created a website with a couple of subpages, every time the user clicks
the button to change 'page' I call a method that constructs a new panel
(and new content), which is added to the rootpanel (after clearing it). The
website has a main page with an image on it, and the main page can be
accessed as well by clicking a button which calls the same method, which
results in clearing the rootpanel and adding a new panel with new content.

I am now encountering a strange phenomenon: the main page shows the image
correctly when loading in the first time, but when clicking the main button
the page does not show the image any more. After some investigation I
learned that the container in which the image is added is not attached to
the document (Element.isAttached()), after clicking the main button.

Even stranger: if I add Panel A the first time and Panel B after clicking
the button (A and B both generated by the same method, containing an
image), the hashcode of the java object of B will first become a new code
(logically, because it gets created anew), but will then change to the
hashcode of A again. This results of course in being unattached from the
DOM, which results in it not being shown correctly.

Any idea why this could be? I can provide a full working example if
necessary, it includes a mysql db, GWT project and a couple of servlets.