I'm getting the following error when I try to switch to design mode.

GWT Designer can't load a module because of error in gwt.xml module
description, incorrect resource which requires processing with GWT
generator or by some other configuration error.

Please check your *$project_dir/.gwt/.gwt-log* for GWT-specific errors (not
GWT Designer errors).
This log has the following error messages:

[ERROR] Failed to create an instance of
'com.mycompany.app.client.panels.MyControlPanel' via deferred binding

This error occurs when attempting to view  MyView.ui.xml in design mode.
 MyView includes MyControlPanel.ui.xml.

The app actually runs fine.  I just can't use WindowBuilder.

After playing around with this for a while I noticed that MyControlPanel()
has two constructors (as shown below).  They both call init() which does
common initialization.  If I remove the call to init(null) in the first, it
works fine!

public MyControlPanel()
{
initWidget( uiBinder.createAndBindUi( this ) );
init( null );
}
public MyControlPanel( Settings settings )
{
initWidget( uiBinder.createAndBindUi( this ) );
init( settings );
}

Any clues?