Dear GWT developers,

I have a "probably simple" problem with my application which I am obviously
not able to solve.

Two Classes: Company, Tradesman

@Entity
public class Company {
    @OneToMany(cascade = CascadeType.ALL, mappedBy = "company")
    private List<Tradesman> users = new ArrayList<Tradesman>();

@Entity
public class Tradesman extends User{
    @ManyToOne
    private Company company;

    *@PrePersist*
    public void hashPassword(){
        setPassword(BCrypt.hashpw(entity.getPassword(), BCrypt.gensalt());
    }

*JSR 303 validation on GWT is activated.*

Here is the *error message:
*Detected attempt to establish Company(no-id-yet) as the parent of
Tradesman(356) but the entity identified by Tradesman(356) has already been
persisted without a parent.  A parent cannot be established or changed once
an object has been persisted.

My problem is obviously that when I change some parameters within the
Tradesman entity within the *@PrePersist* method, a new child entity is
created.
In case I do not touch any parameter, in the @PrePersist, everything works
fine.