On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:08:38 PM UTC+2, Thomas Käfer wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, and thanks for the info! Have a working debug-able
> environment now!
>
> With this "Debug As… → Web Application (running on an external server)" on
> the client project, I get the error "Could not find any host-pages in
> project <name>-client"

My setup is generated by your maven archetype "modular-webapp" and nearly
> no changes, only played around with debug configurations and maven a little
> bit.

This is strange 'cause I tested it as I was replying, with a freshly
created "modular-webapp" project. I had an error about
test-client/target/test-client-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT not existing, but that was
because I hadn't previously "mvn package" (or even run "mvn tomcat7:run").
I deleted the launch config and started again (Debug As…) and it just
worked.

But based on your other info I've managed to create a "Web Application"
> debug configuration manually, and it works!

That's generally what I do, as I like to have control.