I stumble on ur post becos I have similar issues trying to stay in line
with adsense policies. and this was what I ended up with:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "ca-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXX";
/* 336 X 280 wrapped in post */
google_ad_slot = "XXXXXXXXXX";
google_ad_width = 336;
google_ad_height = 280;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js";>
</script>

I will like to know if I had done a good job or not...my intention is to
ensure that I don't have an iframe within the ads region also. Also,
Knowing fully well that adsense code is an ifram on its own, how do I cope
with violating adsense policies.

response need urgently!

Thanks

Pounds