On 08/20/2013 01:17 PM, Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
On 08/20/2013 07:38 AM, Alvin Reyes wrote:
It seems that you don't have the Servlet API on your classpath upon compilation. If you're using Maven, make sure that you put the servlet api dependency on the pom.xml with a scope = compile. This will include the servlet api on compilation, but exclude it on the deployment.

We need to exclude it, since Jetty (I assumed you are using Jetty here) already has a servlet api.
I'm not sure what do you mean, all the steps I've done is:
  1. apt-get install libgwt-dev-java libgwt-user-java eclipse eclipse-jdt ant
  2. Successfully installed eclipse plugin after adding repository path http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/4.2
  3. Added GWT path /usr/share/java thought Preferences -> Google -> Web Toolkit
  4. Created the quick start tutorial then run it

So is there anything missing?!

BTW, I already installed tomcat7 and when I call http://localhost:8080/ it shows "It works !" message.
--
Best Regards,