Hi everyone! Please, help me figure out how can I manage to call the
external REST service from GWT application's client code.

I've heard, that GWT has a RequstBuilder class in order to do such things,
but suddenly I figured out that this is a quite ancient approach to
implement. Hence, the following code won't work:

RequestBuilder builder = new RequestBuilder(RequestBuilder.GET,
"http://localhost:19999/hello";);
        builder.setHeader("content-type", "text/html;charset=windows-1251");
        builder.setHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Origin", "*");//*result doesn
not depend on this line of code*

        try {
            Request response = builder.sendRequest("", new
RequestCallback() {
                @Override
                public void onResponseReceived(Request request, Response
response) {

                    answerFromRest.setText(request.toString() + "\n");
                    answerFromRest.setText(response.toString() + "\n");

                    int statusCode = response.getStatusCode();

                    if(statusCode == Response.SC_OK) {
                        String responseBody = response.getText();
                        answerFromRest.setText("The result is " +
responseBody);
                    } else {
                        answerFromRest.setText("There was an error " +
statusCode + " =" + response.getText());

                @Override
                public void onError(Request request, Throwable exception) {
                    //error actually sending the request, never got sent
                }
            });
        } catch (RequestException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();  //To change body of catch statement use
File | Settings | File Templates.
        }
*
*
*
*
*statusCode *always equals 0 though when I access my depolyed REST through
a WebBrowser, I get the result. This makes me feel like there is really no
more support for that code in GWT...

So, the question is - is there the other (working) way to call REST writing
code in java ( I mean w/o using JSNI code to do that ).

Any way, whatever approach is ( if it exists in GWT's nowadays ), can you
please provide either _code_ or _decent link with tutor or smth like that_ ?

Thank you very much, for the time spent on my subject!!!!

*
*