On Monday, September 16, 2013 9:39:41 AM UTC+2, Oliver Krylow wrote:

> Thank you for the clarification!
>
> I wasn't aware of the different handling of "script-inserted" scripts and
> I must admit I misunderstood the async /defer attributes. I was hoping to
> get on-demand parsing out of it; control over the point in time the browser
> starts parsing a previously downloaded script.

You could download the script using an XMLHttpRequest (or RequestBuilder,
or whatever) and then inject it with the ScriptInjector (either as text, or
with the URL, using the pre-load request to warm the browser cache only).
With code splitting, you have com.google.gwt.core.client.prefetch already
to support that exact use-case. You can also customize how fragments are
loaded using a custom AsyncFragmentLoader.LoadingStrategy (you could, for
example, embed the fragments in the HTML host page in a way that does not
parse them and have the LoadingStrategy load them from here, see
http://googlecode.blogspot.fr/2009/09/gmail-for-mobile-html5-series-reducing.html;

or maybe load them to into/from HTML5 storage); note that this is an "impl"
API though, so it can theoretically change between GWT releases (put
differently, we don't guarantee any forward/backward compatibility for
".impl" APIs).