A friend, who is in management in the IT dept of a large enterprise, was
quite interested in GWT.   The idea of being able to write web front-ends
in Java was very appealing.

So she went to show and review GWT with colleagues but the main website
(gwtproject) didn't work.  She had initially reviewed it on personal
devices and didn't realize this problem until demonstrating it at work
where they have standardized on IE8.

As a developer myself I'd be the first to push you to support the latest
tech - I would use GWT for Chrome Packaged Apps personally - but I think
these enterprises are the big money making opportunity so you shouldn't be
too quick to abandon old browsers.  And I will emphasize again the
attraction of GWT to a big shop that is very Java-savvy, but not very
mobile or web savvy.  The idea of GWT sold itself once I told her what it
was.

Also, I would have her fill out your survey so she could express her
companies' interests, but the survey is only for people who are currently
using GWT.

Tom