Not sure if my first question went in ... Checking to see, if you were able
to come up with a resolution to your question ?

We have an existing Spring MVC backend, that we would like to hook up to an
GWT front-end.  Have similar questions/issues in terms of how
we would like to communicate with backend (e.g., RequestBuilder,
RequestFactory, etc) and if it is possible for GWT and Spring MVC to
co-exist.

Thanks,
Mike