I just hit the same issue.

Tripple checked that DataGrid, ListDataProvider and SingleSelectionModel
all use the same KeyProvider (that itself uses stableId() from contained
EntityProxies).

Updates are pushed via ListDataProvider.getList().set(int, T) and they are
shown in table with selection preserved.

Still, SingleSelectionModel.getSelectedObject() (called in separate (later)
event, just to eliminate missed flush()-es from ListDataProvider) returns
old object as it were before update.