On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:01:15 AM UTC+1, Cristiano wrote:

> Anyway it would be great to find a workaround that don't require either
> Flash or browser plugin or Java Applet...

Flash or applets wouldn't work, because a) they're going asynchronous too
(Flash at least) and b) they can't get access to the internal APIs we need
in DevMode plugins to make them work (and that have just been removed in
Firefox 27); basically knowing the lifecycle of JS objects so we can send a
message to the DevMode code server to free the corresponding Java
objects/references and reclaim memory (but there might be other things we
need).

As I said, using the debugger APIs/protocols could work, except again for
detecting JS objects "finalization" (maybe if one day we see WeakRef in
JavaScript, but it's not there yet).

No, really, the way forward is better tooling for SuperDevMode to provide a
similar experience to DevMode (i.e. never leave the IDE), and even allow
setting breakpoints and do step-by-step within JSNI.