Well, after patching CompilerOptionsImpl in gwt-codeserver.jar to return
true in isRunAsyncEnabled(), the code server started splitting the code,
but source maps were only generated for the initial fragment.
I don't know the internals, but shouldn't be terribly hard to have the
source maps for each split point, right? Or isn't it at all supported by
the compiler?
Compiling using "-saveSource -saveSourceOutput <dir>" together with
<set-property name="compiler.useSourceMaps" value="true" /> and
<set-configuration-property name="includeSourceMapUrl" value="true" />
correctly saves all sources in the output dir and sets the source map
comments on each script...
Also, the CompilerOptionsImpl has this:
  @Override
  public boolean shouldSaveSource() {
    return false; // handling this a different way
  }

This "different way" is explicitly not handling the runAsync case.
Is there a strong reason for this?
Thanks in advance.