On Monday, April 7, 2014 10:14:31 PM UTC+2, joerg.h...@googlemail.com wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> with my GWT application I ran into the problem that I can not run/debug
> anymore.
>
> 1. With DevMode I get this:
> SLF4J: The requested version 1.6 by your slf4j binding is not compatible
> with [1.5.5, 1.5.6]
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#version_mismatch for further
> details.
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter.arrayFormat(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Lorg/slf4j/helpers/FormattingTuple;
>     at
> ch.qos.logback.classic.spi.LoggingEvent.getFormattedMessage(LoggingEvent.java:298)
>
> The exception is caused by a log statement during the init process of my
> app. When I then click the launch URL I just get
> HTTP ERROR: 503
>
> I tried both logback as well as log4j12 binding. I scanned my entire
> classpath and tried all combinations of slf4j-api and binding versions. But
> I always get this error. To me it seems that either GWT or Jetty is shipped
> with an internal but obsolete slf4j version but I can not find it and track
> it down. I added a classloader breakpoint and can not see from where it
> loads the old version. However, he does not use the version I have put on
> my classpath.
>
> I had a workaround with jetty-web.xml but this stopped to work so I am
> totally stuck here.

Should be fixed in 2.6.1, to be released soon (last call for patches ends
this Friday)

> 2. With SuperDevMode I get this:
>
> workDir:
> C:\Users\hohwille\AppData\Local\Temp\gwt-codeserver-2916897945350199638.tmp
> 22:09:14.326 [main] DEBUG org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging to
> Logger[org.eclipse.jetty.util.log] via org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Slf4jLog
> binding: user.agent=safari
> binding: compiler.useSourceMaps=true
> binding: locale=en
> Compiling module net.sf.mmm.app.Mmm
>    Validating units:
>       Ignored 21 units with compilation errors in first pass.
> Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to TRACE or DEBUG to see all
> errors.
>    Finding entry point classes
>       [ERROR] Unable to find type 'net.sf.mmm.app.client.Mmm'
>          [ERROR] Hint: Check that the type name
> 'net.sf.mmm.app.client.Mmm' is really what you meant
>          [ERROR] Hint: Check that your classpath includes all required
> source roots
> [ERROR] Compiler returned false
> com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log
> entries)
>     at
> com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.Recompiler.compile(Recompiler.java:128)
>     at
> com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.ModuleState.<init>(ModuleState.java:58)
>     at
> com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.makeModules(CodeServer.java:120)
>     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.start(CodeServer.java:95)
>     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.main(CodeServer.java:71)
>     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.main(CodeServer.java:49)
>
> My launch config is as following:

> <launchConfiguration type="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.localJavaApplication">
> <listAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.MAPPED_RESOURCE_PATHS">
> <listEntry value="/mmm-app-war"/>
> </listAttribute>
> <listAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.MAPPED_RESOURCE_TYPES">
> <listEntry value="4"/>
> </listAttribute>
> <booleanAttribute
> key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.ATTR_USE_START_ON_FIRST_THREAD"
> value="true"/>
> <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.CLASSPATH_PROVIDER"
> value="org.eclipse.m2e.launchconfig.classpathProvider"/>
> <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.MAIN_TYPE"
> value="com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer"/>
> <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.PROGRAM_ARGUMENTS"
> value="-port 9999 net.sf.mmm.app.Mmm"/>
> <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.PROJECT_ATTR"
> value="mmm-app-war"/>
> <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.SOURCE_PATH_PROVIDER"
> value="org.eclipse.m2e.launchconfig.sourcepathProvider"/>
> <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.VM_ARGUMENTS"
> value="-XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx512m"/>
> </launchConfiguration>

As Jens said, you need to feed CodeServer with the source files too. Either
add an "-src" argument or just add your source folders (src/main/java, no
need to add src/main/resources as Eclipse automatically copies them to the
target/classes –or target/<finalName>/WEB-INF/classes– which it puts in the
classpath) to the classpath.