On 04/24/2014 01:44 PM, Charles Nelson wrote:
I've tried manually setting the service URL with setServiceEntryPoint(URL), ensuring the ServletContext.getResource() call and overriding the RemoteServiceServlet.doGetSerializationPolicy() methods but my app still fails on my hosting company's server. And they aren't providing access to the tomcat logs so I can't determine what's failing. This is my 1st pure GWT-RPC app. My other apps use GWT-HTTP for the client side and uses grails for the server side and I haven't had any issues with tomcat.

Right now I'm lost...

Is your web exposed War deploy path the same as the Tomcat context path?

I have a system here I have to override the module base on the server side with:

@Override
    protected SerializationPolicy doGetSerializationPolicy(
HttpServletRequest request, String moduleBaseURL, String strongName) { moduleBaseURL=request.getScheme()+"://"+request.getServerName()+(new File(request.getRequestURI()).getParent()+"/");
//            System.out.println("MUNGED moduleBaseURL: "+moduleBaseURL);
return super.doGetSerializationPolicy(request, moduleBaseURL, strongName);