Unless each rpc call sends a large amount of data, chaining the rpc calls
in the way you suggest will be much slower than sending a single ArrayList.
It will also be more complicated code.

So in general, you should send an ArrayList in a single rpc call. You'd
have to have a good reason to do it the other way.

Paul