What about if your request context interface has multiple methods?

I have a save and a cancel on mine, and I have to use the cancel to do some
server side cleanup if the user decides to abandon their changes. If I call
save and it fails validation or whatever, and then the user decides to
cancel, then the save method invocation is still present on the request
context, when for a cancel call I only want a cancel call in the queue. I
really don't understand why there is no API for manipulating the invocation
queue, as it seems a valid thing to want to do.
I can probably make a separate context for the cancel, and do it this way,
as in that case I'm not interested in anything that has changed in the
'editing' context.....
Is this the right approach?