>  1- First of all, I actually have a problem with my huge project, and the
> browser says:
> Uncaught com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (RangeError) :
> Maximum call stack size exceeded Impl.java:286entry0_0_g$
> Impl.java:286(anonymous function)
> How can I ever guess what's wrong with the app, or where to put a
> breakpoint with this???

Tell Chrome to stop on any exception (in DevTools under "Sources" the small
sign button on the right).

>  2- Second argument: it's true the recompilation is blazing fast. But in
> the developement phase it is very common to add or remove methods (on the
> server side), or to do things the JVM cannot handle without restart. So
> I've found I'm loosing a lot more time than in the emulated mode, since the
> first page display is always very very very long (above 2 minutes), and
> this gets the developer distracted and forgetting what he wanted to do.

Use DevMode -noserver or start CodeServer directly. Obviously you need a
local app server then to serve your server side code. We do it that way (to
have the same production env locally) and I rarely restart my CodeServer.
Also take a look at: https://gwt-review.googlesource.com/#/c/9450/

-- J.