> 1) why it can't find document mode? what I'm missing?

No idea. Every IE 11 should have document.documentMode and GWT assumes that
this is the case. Maybe your IE is somehow broken. You could try to use one
of Microsofts free to use virtual machines to test against a fresh IE 11
installation. https://www.modern.ie

> 2) It's possible and how can I say that if the browser can't be identified
> must be used (without warnings!) a default permutation?

If you use GWT 2.7 you can do so using <set-property-fallback>.

> 3) there's something I can do to better understand the behaviour?

You need to figure out why document.documentMode does not exist in your IE
11.

-- J.