On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 1:37:13 PM UTC+1, Eduard Català wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm working on a large gwt 2.7.0 project, we've to restart the web server
> constantly to test server logic.
>
> When devmode (and superdevmode) starts we have to reload the page. Then we
> have to wait the first superdevmode compilation (long, too long...) but no
> client side code has changed between restart of webserver.
>
> Is there any way to take advantage of previous superdevmode compilations
> (saving superdevmode state between server restarts)? I've tried with
> setting -workDir but no luck, first copilation is not used.
>
> Thank yoou!!!!

The next version of GWT will reuse the cache from previous SDM runs, but in
your case I don't think you actually need it:

When launching SDM through DevMode (i.e. serving your server-side code from
the embedded Jetty server), you can restart the web server (actually
redeploy the webapp) without restarting DevMode.
In Eclipse with the GPE, use the yellow double spinning arrows' button in
the DevMode view. When launching DevMode by other means (with its own
Swing-based window), you'll find a "restart server" button in the "Jetty"
tab.