I updated my mgwt application from 2.6.1 to 2.7 and detected the following
issue:

*Background: *
I use mgwt 2.0.0 and enabled offline support.
<inherits name="com.googlecode.mgwt.linker.Linker" />
<add-linker name="permutationmaplinker" />

In know, the offline support in mgwt 2.0 has gone because of device density
properties. But if I collapse all properties to one permutation file and
exted the Html5ManifestServletBaseLocaleExtension to load only the one
permuation it still works.

The issue:
After deploying a new version on my Tomcat server of GWT, I always have to
delete the whole browser cache on GWT 2.7 to get the client application up
and showing. In Chrome Console I always get the error message e.g (ZZZ =
placeholer for name of application:

GET http://localhost:8080/ZZZ/ZZZ/9C845A0D653F43AE202F576BEEF1764A.cache.js
404 (Not Found)

F ZZZ.nocache.js:25 ohaoha.nocache.js:26 (anonymous function)
ZZZ ZZZ.nocache.js:26 (anonymous function)
F ZZZ.nocache.js:25 ohaoha.nocache.js:26 (anonymous function)

With GWT 2.6.1 the offline support works. If there is a newer version on
Tomcat, the update will be done automatically and the updated client will
be shown in the browser.

Is there an issue for this? Is this fixed in 2.8? Why does this behavior
occur?
It would be very nice if someone can help me with this!

THX
Marian