So I followed the code given in these threads :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/google-web-toolkit/select$20all$20in$20celltable$20header/google-web-toolkit/IY8rfYOzRl0/guGZBgcZ9Z8J
http://pgt.de/2012/05/09/checkbox-in-cell-table-data-grid-header/

Apparently when I implemented this, it selects the header checkbox and
thereby selects all records for every page.

Here is my requirement :

I have two column cell table.

First Column : Checkbox for row selection
Second Column : Employee Name

The idea here is for each classroom, the user can go and select certain
employees from list of all employees in cell table and save to DB. If the
user comes back to the same classroom, the cell table should show all total
employee records with the previously selected employees should have their
corresponding row checkbox checked. The user can thereby update the
selection by checking and unchecking employees and save again.

This works fine but since we have paging mechanism in cell table I want to
implement "Select All" checkbox on header above the First Column and when
that is checked, the corresponding row for that page should all be
selected. Then if the user paginates to next page, the "Select All"
checkbox on header above the First Column for next page should be uncheck
now and that next page should show list of employees with corresponding row
checkbox checked (previously checked from DB) if any. The user can check
that "Select All" checkbox on header to select all the corresponding row
for that page and so on.

The few important things here is,
1) I do want to show previously checked employees from the DB in the list
of total all employees.
2)  "Select All" checkbox on header should be uncheck every time user comes
to this screen.
3) When the user clicks  "Select All" checkbox on header, then only it
should select all the rows "for that page only" and not all the records
across all the pages.
3) Clicking next page should show what I described in point 1 and 2 above.

Any help would be appreciated.