Hello,

I have been using GWT since 2007 and I still believe it is the best web
development framework, for small and mainly for larger enterprise projects.

I noticed that the development difficulties caused by the slow compilation,
the painful setup for non experts, the deprecation of debugging directly in
IDE, etc, are still in everyone's mind when talking about GWT. When I
explain that nowadays it is completely different, there is already a stigma
around GWT that is really hard to shift minds.
Since a while ago they were overcome by other tools, mainly by frontend UI
only web developers by coding directly JS or with jQuery, CoffeeScript or
recently with AngularJS.

Regarding the recent updates of GWT:
Who really knows that GWT is no longer Google Web Toolkit? Renaming it was
not renaming it...

Have you guys thought about *really renaming the GWT* (gweet || g.w.t. ||
google web toolkit) to *something completely different*?

Changing the site was good, but not optimal and didn't do any difference in
my perspective!
- It is pretty but it is trying to sell a new logo, a brand, rather than
the framework. It is obfuscating the greatness of GWT to anyone that sees
the site for the first time, or just want to review the status of GWT
currently.
- The new GWT logo is so inline with ArcBees branding and all their logos
that now it seems that GWT belongs to ArcBees only.
If you look to the ScalaJS website it is perfect for its purpose.

Make yourself an exercise:
- go to www.scala-js.org and see how long you take to understand what it
is, how many clicks away you have to give it a try;
- and then do the same with gwtproject.org and compare

My suggestion on this post was to tease you guys to make a *bolder move*.
If you want GWT to gain its momentum again, to attract again young and old
developers, a major move needs to be done and can be a simple marketing one.

My suggestion:
- drop GWT name and change to: Java2JS or JavaJS or JJS
- rethink the website, make it simple and developer friendly

I will still use GWT regardless to allow me coding with my lovely Java, but
I would really appreciate to other developers to embrace again the magic
and potentiality that this framework enables.

Thanks!

Best,
Joao