You place it wherever you want in your source tree, usually at src/emul or
src/super I think. So you'd have src/emul/java/util/Collections.java

Then add
<super-source path="path/relative/to/your.gwt.xml"/>

to your gwt.xml file.

Someone else can help fill in the details I've missed, I'm a little fuzzy
on the specifics of how the path gets resolved or the canonical location
for the super-source directory, but that's the idea.